Join South Bay Families Connected in partnership with Beach Cities Health District for this free, monthly parent education event. These events are held at locations throughout the Beach Cities and offer everything from mindfulness and parenting workshops, to alcohol and substance use prevention strategies. Enjoy an opportunity to connect with other parents and discuss shared challenges.
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smart phone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships, however, it can also expose users to risk. Hear from the “Cyber Cop,” Clayton Cranford, a law enforcement professional and one of the nation’s leading educators on social media.
Date: September 20, 2017
Time: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Location: Hermosa Valley School MPR
Sergeant Cranford will discuss:
- Current impact of bullying in schools
- Current bullying trends; How to deal with a bully
- Risks associated with popular social media sites
- "Sexting" and online predators
- How to set expectations and consequences
- Online security considerations
- How to monitor online activity
- School discipline and legal issues
**For parents only. No children are allowed in the presentation**