Created by Stanford University researchers, Healthier Living is an evidence-based workshop held in a community setting for two and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks, taught by trained mediators
Should I Attend?
• Anyone with an ongoing health condition
• Family members or friends of someone with an ongoing health condition
• Anyone interested in becoming more physically and socially active
What will I Learn?
• Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
• Appropriate exercises for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
• Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
• Appropriate use of medications
• Decision making and how to evaluate new treatments
• How to set goals and problem solve to make positive changes
To find out when the next session will run, call 310-374-3426, ext. 120 or email Tara Guden at email@example.com.