Wondering if your child is experimenting with drugs or alcohol? Striving to create balance in your household and manage family and student stress? Seeking guidance about rule setting and boundaries around social media and technology? Families Connected Parent Chat, held every Tuesday in partnership with Beach Cities Health District and South Bay Families Connected, is a free support group led by a licensed professional from the Thelma McMillen Center for Alcohol and Drug Treatment at Torrance Memorial Medical Center. This free support group is open to all parents. No registration necessary. Visit southbayfamiliesconnected.org for more information.
Online Families Connected Parent Chat
Every Tuesday, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
April 2022 Parent Chat Topics
- April 5: Spring Break (No Chat)
- April 12: Knowing the Signs of Alcohol and Drug Use
- April 19: Getting Your Child to Open Up About Drug and Alcohol Use
- April 26: Helping Youth De-Stress in Healthy Ways
May 2022 Parent Chat Topics
- May 3: Impact of Social Media and Screen Time on Youth Mental Health
- May 10: Anxiety Among Youth: What’s Trending
- May 17: Parenting Strategies to Help Youth Reduce Anxiety
- May 24: Understanding Depression
- May 31: When and How to Reach Out for Help